Saturday, November 19, 2011

Why is my skoda dealer a rip off?

my brakes were making a funny noise so i took it into my skoda dealer for a brake check. They told me it needed loads of new parts and would cost me 481 british pounds to fix. I nearly fell over as i have not had it long. I then took it to two independants who told me 1 part needed replacing and i had the job done for 61 pounds. Is this legal.|||The dealership obviously didn't want the business therefore gave you an outrageous quote.|||Car dealers and halfords, can't understand why people use them for parts and out of warrenty servicing.


Find a good local garage that you are happy with and they will stick by you if you stick by them.


I use Soundwell service in Kingswood, Bristol.


Always happy to help and give free loan car when i need it etc.


Vat reg as well so even cars under warrenty can be sorted there.


i'd never use a dealer again.


Halfords just rob you because people think cos they are big they are best but they sell dear, pay young staff that have no experience of cars other than driving them and my biggest gripe is they even rip off their suppliers with only paying them every 180 days.|||It's legal. And that's why so many UK motorists take their cars to France or Belgium to have it checked under warranty. Especially those with premium brands.


If your car is out of warranty, you'd better ignore a dealer and go somewhere else.


When I needed to have brake-pads replaced I went to Kwik-fit - after a brand dealer quoted a funny sum and requested that car spend a few days there for "investigation".


AT KWIK-FIT It was all done in about 3 hours and cost much less.


It could have been done even cheaper in an non-chain garage but they were not able to source brake-pads for a Japanese car fast enough.|||dealer and rip off...they just go so well in a sentence


...you did good...but its annoying the variation in prices.|||typical of main dealers. complain to them and give them a piece of your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment