Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Skoda With Air Conditioning Or Any Cars To That Matter?

I have always known that if you use your air con regularly then it will affect fuel economy.


Now someone told me recently that it does not affect the fuel economy-if it does it could mean losing a one or two miles per tankfull.





What is the truth about this?





Any answers appreciated|||Will not affect it a signigficant amount|||Two schools of thought on that one.





First is that windows open, AC off will disrupt airflow of car creating drag thus lowering mileage.





Second is that will not affect mileage, rather the extra strain fro AC will decrease engine performance.





You can settle the arguement for yourself. Drive two tanks of fuel out without using AC and then two with using AC, and compare the difference in mileage.





To me it really wouldn't matter. If I'm hot, I'm gonna run the AC.|||if you drive with windows open the buffeting lowers the mileage the same as using AC..YOou paid 1200 dollars for AC ,, Are you going to suffer in the hear for 1 mpg? not me

No comments:

Post a Comment